Beware, you might walk away from this step-by-step tutorial with these ghosts following you home! If you want to host these iconic Disney theme park ghosts, you can make these grim grinning window silhouettes in just five steps.
Beware of the Hitchhiking Ghosts
Y’all the hitchhiking ghosts have followed me home! I can’t say I wasn’t warned though! Ghost Host said it loud and spooky… I mean clear, he said it loud and clear, followed by evil laughter. But we’ve gladly welcomed these ghosts to our home to haunt all those who come to our porch this Halloween season. Andddd those who drive by. I mean after all, they are hitchhikers and they are constantly lookin’ to hitch a ride in a doom buggy!
Hitchhiking Ghosts Window Silhouettes
The Haunted Mansion is one of my favorite rides at Disney World so I knew I had to bring some sort of Haunted Mansion spooky fun to our halloween decor this year! I was inspired by Halloween window silhouettes I saw on Pinterest and knew I could turn that idea into Disney inspired ghoulish decorations straight from the Haunted Mansion. These Hitchhiker Ghosts window silhouettes are simple to make and are simply to die for!!! Okay, so not literally but remember they are trying to fill their quota! And I’m going to show you just how to do it!
Just so we’re clear. I’d like to give a fair warning. BEWARE, you might just walk away from this tutorial with these ghosts following you home! My hope is that they do 😉
Hitchin’ a Ride to DIY
To make this Halloween DIY window silhouettes, you’ll need the tools and materials listed below! Happy crafting and Happy Haunts!
- Craft knife for small cutout details ( if you use a craft knife, I recommend using a mat cutting board)
- A Computer and a printer. Locate Haunted Mansion Hitchhiking Ghosts silhouette I found mine from Disney.
- Black poster board or black foam board
- Double sided tape
- Single sided tape
- Purple tissue paper
- Pencil or white chalk pencil
- Gather tools and materials.
2. Depending on the size you, you might have to print out the silhouettes on multiple sheets of paper. I printed the original template and found I wanted the ghosts to be bigger, so I enlarged the Hitchhiking Ghosts silhouette by 400% and it printed it out on 15 sheets of paper. I then, cut out and the taped the pieces of each Hitchhiker individually. If you’re a good hand-drawer, more power to ya and would be a huge time saver!
3. Trace the around the stencil on the black poster board with pencil or white chalk pencil. Then cut out the silhouette.
4. Use double sided tape to attach the silhouettes to the interior side of the window.
5. Use single sided tape to attach purple tissue behind your Hitchhiking ghosts silhouettes. Continue until your silhouettes and window are covered.
6. Turn on your lights and let the hitchhiker’s haunt your visitors!
You can even add extra spooky silhouettes like tree branches, a fence or even a BEWARE sign to fully embrace the Haunted Mansion vibe! If you added these Haunted Mansion Hitchhiking Ghosts to your #sqaudghouls, be sure to tag me on Instagram, I’d love to see where they’ve traveled to!
If you liked this tutorial, check out this other DIY tutorial of Disney Villains Silhouettes!